Prof. Xintao Wu’s Social Awareness and Intelligent Learning (SAIL) Lab at the Department of Computer Science and Computer Engineering in the University of Arkansas has several openings for RA position starting January 2020 or August 2020. The RA support includes monthly stipend and out-of-state tuition waiver and is mainly targeted to candidates who are interested in pursuing Ph.D. in Computer Science. The candidates will conduct research projects on privacy preserving data mining, fraud detection in social networks, fairness aware learning, and big data analysis. Applicants expect to have a BS in Computer Science or closely related fields such as statistics or computer engineering. Research background in machine learning/statistics/cloud computing are desired.
Requirements for Ph.D. admission:
- 147 Qualitative (Verbal) and 157 Quantitative (Math) for GRE.
- earned at least a 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) grade point average on the last 60 hours of bachelor’s degree course work (approximately last two years of a four-year degree program)
- provided official evidence of all academic course work and confirmation of an appropriate bachelor’s or master’s degree
- presented a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper- based)/79 (internet-based) or a 6.5 on the IELTS
- preferred CS courses taken including data structures, algorithms, programming proficiency in C++ and Java operating systems (which requires digital design and computer org), formal languages, and database